Saturday, January 9, 2010

Digression (Feb 19, 2009)

(posted to Facebook, February 19, 2009)






[Disclaimer: If you were tagged it's either because
we've had recent discussions of faith and doubt or
because you're directly involved in the situation that
has risen (even if you don't know it yet)]

[If you're going to bash me, do so respectfully]



People say that miracles are things for Bible times.

I'm inclined to think that we do not see miracles because
we have not enough faith.

My old youth pastor (yes, the same one that ruined my life
with is "routines=ruts" sermon) used to say that prayers
are always answered, whether by a yes, a no, or a not yet.

I'm inclined to think that the not yets are not because
it is not time yet, but because we are not ready yet.
The not yets mean we have not enough faith.

People say they don't see miracles in modern society.

I'm inclined to think that they haven't looked.








I'm not entirely sure how to explain what I believe, but
since Sunday (my epiphany), I FEEL it.



People say that things must be proven beyond a shadow
of a doubt.

I'm inclined to think that their doubts are not because of
a lack of evidence.





I really dislike the skeptic-scientific method.









Addendum: There is a generally accepted theory that God occasionally intervenes in history and thus produces a miracle. My New Testament says otherwise. He said that God does not occasionally enter history in order to intervene because He never is not present in history. And one does not need to enter into where one already is present.
(Jan 9, 2010)

No comments: