Thursday, January 7, 2010

Le Coeur de Scorpion 04-19 (Apr 20, 2008)

(posted to Facebook, April 20, 2008)



It seems you never really realize just how much you've
missed someone until you see them again; until you have to
say goodbye once more.

Would I trade a short reunion for a happier heart? Would
I rather continue in ignorance of my lonliness than be reminded
of it by your face, your voice?

I'd like to think I wouldn't, for in all honesty, my heart is
happy, even though it is unbearably sad. Those fifteen hours
minus seven were amazing; I wouldn't trade them for the world.

And perhaps it's for the best, this melancholy feeling, because
in having to leave you again, I am reminded of how much I truly
care about you.

When we're together, we fit, we get along. I have found a
kindred spirit in you: my enthusiastic, HOBY-alumni, Tim Burton
obsessed, singer friend.

It is in parting that our similar hearts are torn, torn from where
they have found safe haven. It is in having to tear ourselves apart
that our hearts are torn in two.

But it was worth it, well worth the pain and heartache that
follows, for in that short time we were together, our hearts, well,
they were home.

Sweet sorrow in parting... sorrow in realizing my true emptiness
without you, sweet in the memory of how it felt to be next to you
and how it will feel when I am once again.

Amo tú. Más que sabes. Verdad.
Tú eres mi corazón del escorpión.





No comments: