Thursday, January 7, 2010

Know It's True 06-01 (June 27, 2008)

(posted to Facebook, June 27, 2008)




Knowing and saying are two different things.
Two entirely different things.
I fully realize that you understand my feeling,
Although, perhaps, you only assume because it's expected.
And required.
That's silly, though, because actions speak louder.
Maybe it's true, but speech would solidify action.

But that seems backwards.

Your actions are to prove the values you preach,
So as not to be hypocritical.
Could your words not also prove your deeds?
Does it work both ways?
It should.
You might know this, but you're my favorite.
You're amazing, articulated, compassionate.
You are my hero; the one I look up to.
Maybe I only want to say it so my heart will hear it,
and know it's true.

But you need to understand that I mean it.
This is not something I take lightly, by any means.
Not at all.

I don't say it often, because I want people to know I mean it.
And I do; I mean it more than anything.
You may know it, but I'll say it anyway.

I love you.






[this is not about what you think it is about]

No comments: