Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Note About Notes and What's Meant to Be (Oct 27, 2009)

(posted to Facebook, October 27, 2009)








I have posted a lot of notes to facebook since August 2, 2007. One hundred fifty-four to be exact. Well, one 155 now that you're reading this. Some of them have been whoa-oh-lame-o and others have been philosophical, political, emotional, intellectual gold that will someday be published in one of my books. Many contain philosophical, political, emotional, intellectual gold that will never be formally published, but will be shared through words and actions.

This winter, I hope to organize this philosophical, political, emotional, intellectual gold in some sensical way.





Hey, you know what's REALLY weird? Now that you're reading this, I have posted 155 notes to facebook.

There are currently 155 people that RSVP'd "Attending" to the Nov 5 one-year Vendetta commemorative event.

A coincidence that is made and exponentially greater coincidence because I wrote a journal entry about coincidence on Sunday.





For my journal entry, I did a brief word study of "coincidence." To remind you, I do not believe in synonyms and I take the literal denotation of words quite seriously. Sure, connotation is important to me as an emotional writer, but one must first understand what the word is supposed to mean. It's like artistic laws. One cannot break those laws until they know them and know how to create art within them. Likewise, one cannot use connotation until they know the denotation and know how to use the word literally.

Annnnnnnnywaay.

Most people believe that coincidence has to do with happenstance situations that just happen to happen together. Yes. And it does, but coincidence is not just random chance, happenstance.

co⋅in⋅ci⋅dence
/koʊˈɪnsɪdəns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [koh-in-si-duhns]
–noun
1. a striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance: Our meeting in Venice was pure coincidence.
2. the condition or fact of coinciding.
3. an instance of this.

Coincidence is the condition or fact of coinciding.

Coincidence.

Ohhhhhhhh, see it now?

co⋅in⋅cide
/ˌkoʊɪnˈsaɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [koh-in-sahyd]
–verb (used without object), -cid⋅ed, -cid⋅ing.
1. to occupy the same place in space, the same point or period in time, or the same relative position: The centers of concentric circles coincide. Our vacations coincided this year.
2. to correspond exactly, as in nature, character, etc.: His vocation coincides with his avocation.
3. to agree or concur, as in thought or opinion: Their opinions always coincide.

To remind you, I tend to use definition denotations further down the list of definition denotations. For coincide, I personally prefer number three.

And here is where I get into trouble when I communicate.

I'm having difficulty bringing this all back around to my thesis and I turned in my journal so I don't have that entry to post, so...









What's Meant to Be



My advance apologies for the following being extremely vague.

A recent situation of social drama had been stressing me out because of its potential to cause secondary effects of breaking apart friendships on top of the primary effect of splitting the aggregate by opinion.

This secondary effect was evident in my social circle momentarily.

However, there was a secondary effect that was entirely and completely unexpected. Instead of the primary effect causing vast negative secondary effects. The primary effect has had vast positive secondary effects in two specific cases.

The social drama of the failing of an immature friendship instigated the discovery of TWO deep friendships.

And that's what's meant to be.









-=-

No comments: