Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sabbatical, Shmabbatical (Jan 1, 2010)

(posted to Facebook, January 1, 2010)









We'll see, we'll see, we'll see.







So, Carina, what deep advice do you have for the youngsters
after the six days of your "social sabbatical"?

<>
<>

So, Carina, what deep advice do you have for the youngsters
after the six days of your "social sabbatical?"

<>










Lessons learned, lessons learned.

One does not go on a sabbatical. One takes a sabbatical. One goes on hiatus.





What, that's it?

Yup.


















Things don't matter so much. So many things do not need said.

However, I do need to journal for my own fulfillment and emotional health.

One of the background research articles I used for my statistics project studied and discussed the importance of writing to emotional health. It is titled "Stress Management through written emotional disclosure improves academic performance among college students with physical symptoms." A study by Mark A. Lumley and Kimberly M. Provenzano. It is only nine pages long. You should see my printed copy. I make a lot of notes when I read. A lot. You should see the Buddhist book I had to read for school.

Annnnnnnnnyway. Written disclosure---> ^ emotional health. Remember that.










Happy New Year?











Addendum: After writing this and deciding I would no longer say so much, I wrote in my journal for no one else to see, simply because I had so many things to say that did not need to be public. I now feel that I have a greater sense of what to say and what not to say, although I also believe that nearly everything should be written in some capacity so as to be properly processed.
(Jan 16, 2010)

No comments: