Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gossip, Amended. (Jan 5, 2010)

(posted to Facebook, January 5, 2010)
















Amended.





My conclusion from Jan 3:

Essentially, if you tell me something about someone else that I have not observed or intuited on my own, I will listen and I will take it in and I will consider it, but I will not give it much weight.

I suppose that’s more like the converse? Applying my non-gossip philosophy to the gossip I hear from others? Sure. Converse.







Amendment:

There is an additional converse of my non-gossip philosophy. I will summarize each of the three strategies (the original and the two converse).

If Alvin tells me something about Miranda that I otherwise would not have known (ie something I would not have been able to gather from my own intuition or observation), it is my philosophy that I cannot morally share that with anyone else, especially Miranda and anyone that knows her.

If Alvin tells me something about Miranda that, through logic, I otherwise would not have known (ie something I would not have been able to gather from my own intuition or observation), it is my new, amended philosophy that I will not treat that gossiped information with as much weight as my own personal intuition or observation, objective information.

If Alvin tells me something about Miranda that, through logic, I know Alvin could not have gathered by his own intuition or observation, it is my new, amended philosophy that I will not treat this second-hand information with very much weight, if any.











There you have it. The same concept applied in three directions. Just like responsibility and critical thinking should be taught in PDP instead of being overshadowed by the teaching of the four pillars (whatever they may be, lol).















At Justin Cerra's request, I am considering blogging instead of facebook noting,
but would first have to post my previous facebook notes to my blog. Everything
has to be at the same place. Thoughts?

No comments: