Thursday, January 7, 2010

Jumble (Nov 25, 2008)

(posted to Facebook, November 25, 2008)




Tonight, when I asked him, my English professor said that I am allowed to use sentence fragments in the reflective essay.

I love sentence fragments. I use them all the time. All the time.

Artistic rules are okay, but I prefer to artistically stretch them.

I'm not going to organize this in any way or with any pattern of line breaks, so have fun. I'm mind-mapping in a linear fashion.

o.0

I'm excited for Christmas. I am taking proactive action toward putting care into people's gifts. : D Just you wait.

I cannot type AT ALL right now. I was accustomed to the laptop for a while. That's it. That's why.

At work, if I work second shift, one thing we have to do is bag donuts and throw the rest away. This past Sunday, I did it by myself for the first time. We throw away so much food it's terrible. Absolutely terrible. It had bothered me a little before Sunday, but having to do it myself was the worst. There's a difference between watching a disgraceful act being done and doing it yourself.

Write that down, kids.

Remember that.

New girl at work is weird. >.>

Yay, Thanksgiving!! I'll be gone until Sunday, by the way. Just in case you would start to wonder.

I wish I would receive worthwhile emails. The two people I really want to communicate with through email do no longer. One's a busy boy, so we text and the other, I don't know. She's dropped off the face of the earth, I believe. :(

Like Kerry.

Yay, sentence fragments!

My English teacher swore tonight. Yeah, Aimee, YEAH. Him. He also has a very sacrilegious attitude about him. I've figured it out. Sometimes, you have a general dislike for someone but you don't really know why and you can't precisely pinpoint the reason, but I've figured this one out. It's his demeanor. His demeanor is demeaning and does not show that he supports what he claims to support.

I'd like to read some Mary Stewart. Or some Stephen King. I don't own any Stephen King. :(

I'm letting brother borrow Blink. Maybe he took Traffic. :]

I need to read The Revolution Manifesto again, as well. I think it's interesting that many people have a strange connotation of the word 'manifesto' in their thinking. You have the Marxists who accept the word, the anti-Marxists who shy away from it, and people like me, who understand the actual meaning of the word.

Not connotation... what's the antonym of connotation?

Manifesto: "a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives, as one issued by a government, sovereign, or organization."

More often not issued by government.

I'm glad that I know how to use semicolons correctly. :]

I'm pretty certain that I've managed to resist the influence of English class. My creative writing hasn't changed and my formal writing hasn't gotten any worse, so I think we're good. I've learned two beneficial things from the course: a) Fahrenheit 451 is one of the best books ever written (not to be construed as being my favorite)/Ray Bradbury is a genius and b) there is no need to outline if you have a good thesis.

Fahrenheit 451 and Ray Bradbury are interesting characters. Honestly, Fahrenheit 451 IS one of the best books I've ever read. Nonetheless, it is also one of the most depressing and impactful books I've ever read. It is one of my least favorite books because of this. One of the best, one of my least favorites, and one I highly recommend. Bradbury = amazing.

I've jumbled long enough.

Jumbled? Rambled?

Yay, Thanksgiving! Yay, babies!

Yeah, I said it.

Yeah, me.

-

No comments: